I recomend to by Japanese Rail Pass - its the cheapest way to travel in Japan.
You can click the link or on the picture, this company I tried and I think is the best and fastest.
You can buy it online and exchange voucher in JR office at all airports in Japan. They can also deliver to your
hotel in Japan or to your country in 48 hours, for some delivery fee or if you buy more its free of charge.
there are two kinds of discount passes by Japanes Railways to concider:
EAST JR PASS
You can travel cheaper from Narita airport. Please note there are few train companies and these passes are valid only on Japan Railways!
EAST JR PASS
Prices of EAST JR PASS (east Japan only)
If you travel to East Japan only, I idvice you to buy this pass.
Flexible five-day pass
(any five days within 14 days of issuance, including the day of issuance)
Adult (12 and older) - ￥22.000
Children (6-11) - ￥11.000
East JR pass is not valid for JR busses !
PRICES of ordinary JR PASS (whole Japan)
Adult (12 and older)
7 Days ￥29.110
14 Days ￥46.390
21 Days ￥59.350
7 Days ￥14.550
14 Days ￥23.110
21 Days ￥29.670
HOW TO OBTAIN
Purchase inside Japan:
I advice to buy it in Narita Airport in JR Ticket Office 6:30-9:30h /19:00-21:45
or in Travel Service Center 10:30-20:00
* you must show your passport and return air ticket
Purchase outside Japan:
You purchase ticket online on official webpage of Japanese Railways or Travel Agent and after that exchange it in Narita Airoport.
You must show your passport* at the time of PASS exchange in Japan. Along with your passport, you must show the "Electronic Ticket Itinerary" or "Reference" (Reservation number) you received from your travel agent.
CONDITIONS TO GET JR PASS
- You must be a foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad, under the entry status of "Temporary Visitor"
- Purchase inside Japan: You must show your passport (with a "Temporary Visitor" entry status stamp on it) and return air ticket or the like at the time of purchase(confirmation slip etc).
- You are required to show your return air ticket when you purchase a JR EAST PASS in Japan because the PASS is sold under the condition of "one PASS for one stay in Japan by one person"
In case you are traveling on an "e-ticket" or another such ticket-less reservation system, you will need to provide proof of return-ticket purchase issued by an airline company. Please note that JR East does not provide airline confirmation service, and that you must obtain such documentation directly!
- for more information you can check on East JR PASS official webpage
- or whole Japan JR PASS official webpage