Manners in Bath
MANNERS IN PUBLIC JAPANESE BATHS
- all of the baths in hotels, or on the street are separated for Ldies and Men
- take all your cloths off (don`t wear swimming suite). If you are extremly shy, you can wrap your body to the towel and soak to the bath tab with the towel, or take it off right before soak in.
- Clean your body with a soap before you get to the bath tab, or at lease rince with the water !!!
*If you take different baths one by one, you do not have to soap yourself each time
- After rinsing the soap off your body, tidy up your place, enter the tub and soak in.
- After you finished soaking, do not rinse your body with tap water, for the spring minerals to improve full benefits on your body.
- Hot spring is usually around 42*C, but it can be sometimes more. If you feel it is too hot, you might add some cold water
- Once you soak in, do not move. Each movement make it more hot and painful.
- Japanese do not take bath too long only 5-10min
- Swimming suits are not allowed
- There is no problem with TATOO in this area
Please do not worry too much, some of Japanese do not care, or do not know these rules either...!
sorce of the picture: nozawaonsen